7 is an EP by the Irish rock band U2, released exclusively at Target Stores in the United States in 2002. It collects various B-sides from All That You Can't Leave Behind-era singles, which were previously unavailable in the US. The title refers to the number of tracks. Likewise, at the time of its release 7 was priced at almost seven US dollars. The title is also a homage to Three, the group's first release.
7 was released at all 1,055 Target Stores in the US on 22 January 2002. At the stores, it originally sold for price of US$6.99.
All songs written and composed by U2, with lyrics by Bono except where noted.
|1.||"Summer Rain (lyrics by Bono and The Edge)"||4:06|
|3.||"Big Girls Are Best (lyrics by Bono and The Edge)"||3:37|
|4.||"Beautiful Day" (Quincey and Sonance mix)||7:55|
|5.||"Elevation" (Influx mix)||4:02|
|6.||"Walk On" (single version)||4:11|
|7.||"Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of (lyrics by Bono and The Edge)" (acoustic version)||3:42|
"Always" is an early version of "Beautiful Day". "Big Girls Are Best" was a leftover from the Pop sessions. This Influx mix of "Elevation" was used to open shows on the Elevation Tour. The single version of "Walk On", which was released on the single with the blue cover, was also featured in concerts, while a live version was released on America: A Tribute to Heroes. In 2002 another mix of "Walk On" called the "Hallelujah mix" (for its coda of hallelujahs) was released on a promotional CD.
- Bono – lead vocals
- The Edge – guitar, keyboards, vocals
- Adam Clayton – bass guitar
- Larry Mullen, Jr. – drums
- Daniel Lanois, Brian Eno – production (on all tracks except "Big Girls Are Best" and "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of")
- Howie B, Flood – production (on "Big Girls Are Best")
- Steve Lillywhite – production (on "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of")
- Nigel Godrich – additional production (on "Walk On")