Avenged Sevenfold, also known as A7X, is an American heavy metal band from California that formed in 1999. The band's current lineup consists of lead vocalist M. Shadows, rhythm guitarist and backing vocalist Zacky Vengeance, lead guitarist and backing vocalist Synyster Gates, bassist and backing vocalist Johnny Christ, and drummer Brooks Wackerman (formerly of Bad Religion.) The group are known for their diverse sound that combines various genres of heavy metal, including metalcore, progressive metal, hard rock, and alternative metal.
Avenged Sevenfold have released seven studio albums, with their most recent release being The Stage, which was released on October 28, 2016. They have also released one live album, two compilation albums and eighteen singles and have sold over 8 million albums worldwide. Avenged Sevenfold was ranked No. 47 on Loudwire's list of Top 50 Metal Bands of All Time.
- Matt Wendt – bass (1999–2000)
- Justin Sane – bass, piano (2000–2001)
- Dameon Ash – bass (2001–2002)
- The Rev – drums, percussion, piano, backing and co-lead vocals (1999–2009; died 2009)
- Arin Ilejay – drums, percussion (2011–2015)
- M. Shadows – lead vocals, piano (1999–present); rhythm guitar (1999–2001)
- Zacky Vengeance – rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2000–present), lead guitar (1999-2000)
- Synyster Gates – lead guitar, piano, backing vocals (2001–present)
- Johnny Christ – bass, backing vocals (2002–present)
- Brooks Wackerman – drums, percussion (2015–present)
- Mike Portnoy – drums, percussion (2010)
| This article is a stub|
You can help out by expanding this article