The Backstreet Boys (sometimes referred to as BSB) are an American vocal group, formed in Orlando, Florida in 1993. The group consists of A. J. McLean, Howie Dorough, Nick Carter, Kevin Richardson, and Brian Littrell. They rose to fame with their debut international album, Backstreet Boys (1996). In the following year, they released their second international album Backstreet's Back (1997) and their U.S. debut album which continued the group's success worldwide. They rose to superstardom with their third studio album Millennium (1998) and its follow-up album, Black & Blue (2000).
After a two-year hiatus, they regrouped and released a comeback album Never Gone (2005). Richardson left the group after the conclusion of Never Gone Tour in 2006 to pursue other interests. The group then released two albums as a quartet: Unbreakable (2007) and This Is Us (2009).
In 2012, the group announced that Richardson had rejoined them permanently, and in the following year they celebrated their 20th anniversary and released their first independent album, In a World Like This (2013).
The Backstreet Boys have sold over 130 million records worldwide, making them the best-selling boy band in history, and one of the world's best-selling music artists. They are the first group since Sade to have their first nine albums reach the top 10 on the Billboard 200, and the only boy band to do so. They also received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on April 22, 2013.
Discography[edit | edit source]
Main article: Backstreet Boys discography
Albums[edit | edit source]
(1996) Backstreet Boys
(1997) Backstreet's Back
(2000) Black & Blue
(2001) The Hits: Chapter One
(2005) Never Gone
(2009) This Is Us
(2013) In A World Like This
Songs[edit | edit source]
- All I Have To Give
- Anywhere for You
- As Long As You Love Me
- Everybody (Backstreet's Back)
- Get Down (You're the One for Me)
- Helpless When She Smiles
- I Still...
- I Want It That Way
- I'll Never Break Your Heart
- In A World Like This
- Just Want You to Know
- Larger Than Life
- More Than That
- Permanent Stain
- Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)
- Shape Of My Heart
- Show 'Em What You're Made Of
- Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely
- Straight Through My Heart
- The Call
- The One
- We've Got It Goin' On
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Main article: Backstreet Boys/gallery
Related acts[edit | edit source]
- Backstreet Boys. Retrieved on April 12, 2011.
- I would be the dessert because I’m satisfying.. Pop Justice (October 24, 2007). Retrieved on August 16, 2012. “We were never a boyband. We always thought of ourselves as a white vocal harmony group, we didn’t model ourselves on Take That or anything.”
- Kevin Richardson Quits Backstreet Boys. MTV.
- Backstreet Boys Welcome Back Kevin Richardson. MTV. Retrieved on July 12, 2012.
- Garcia, Cathy Rose A. (February 22, 2010). "Backstreet Boys Share Secrets to Success". The Korea Times. http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2010/02/143_61233.html. Retrieved January 24, 2011.
- Backstreet Boys back, for good. Straight.com (September 4, 2008). Retrieved on March 31, 2014.
- Haydon, John (April 29, 2012). The List: Best boy bands. The Washington Times. Retrieved on March 31, 2014.
- Robin Thicke Gets First No. 1 Album On Billboard 200. Billboard (August 7, 2013). Retrieved on August 7, 2013.
- Backstreet Boys Get Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame. People (April 22, 2012). Retrieved on April 22, 2012.