His All-Time Greatest Comic Hits is a 10-track collection of previously recorded songs by Ray Stevens, released in 1990 by Curb Records. One of the qualities that makes this collection identifiable is that it concentrates solely on Stevens' songs of novelty and comedy. However, the versions of certain songs on this compilation are not original recordings or the most popular versions; the version of "Gitarzan" is the album version that begins with cheering and applauding of an audience; "Ahab, the Arab" is a re-recording that Stevens made for his album Gitarzan; "Freddie Feelgood" is the album version from Gitarzan that contains audience noises.
Track listing[edit | edit source]
|1.||"The Streak"||Ray Stevens||3:17|
|2.||"Shriner's Convention"||Ray Stevens||5:33|
|3.||"Would Jesus Wear a Rolex"||Chet Atkins, Margaret Archer||2:46|
|4.||"Mississippi Squirrel Revival"||C.W. Kalb, Jr., Carlene Kalb||3:42|
|5.||"Gitarzan"||Ray Stevens, Bill Everette||3:14|
|6.||"It's Me Again, Margaret"||Paul Craft||3:31|
|7.||"Ahab, the Arab"||Ray Stevens||3:46|
|8.||"In the Mood"||Joseph Carland, Andy Razaf||2:40|
|9.||"Freddie Feelgood (And His Funky Little Five-Piece Band)"||Ray Stevens||2:47|
|10.||"Bridget the Midget (Queen of the Blues)"||Ray Stevens||3:38|
Album credits[edit | edit source]
- "The Streak," "Gitarzan," "Ahab, the Arab," "Freddie Feelgood (And His Funky Little Five-Piece Band)" and "Bridget the Midget (Queen of the Blues)" - courtesy of Barnaby Records, Inc.
- "Shriner's Convention" - courtesy of RCA Records
- "Would Jesus Wear a Rolex," "Mississippi Squirrel Revival" and "It's Me Again, Margaret" - courtesy of MCA Records, Inc.
- Produced and Arranged by: Ray Stevens
- "Gitarzan" produced by: Ray Stevens, Fred Foster and Jim Malloy
- Art Direction/Design: Neuman, Walker & Associates
- Album Coordination: Marguerite Luciani