Ameer Isah Hassan (22 June 2003 – 14 September 2017), better was known by his stage names Lil Ameer and Dan Autan Mawaka, was a Nigerian singer-songwriter, and entertainer. He was the youngest musician from the northern Nigeria and one of the most decorated and successful young hip hop artists in Nigeria.
Ameer Isah Hassan was born in Kano, Kano State, Nigeria. He was from the Hausa ethnic group in the northern part of Nigeria. He attended primary school in Kano and was completing his Secondary education until his death. Ameer was encouraged by his parents in pursuing his dream of becoming a musician.
Hassan's career in music began at the age of 12 with his popular songs which includes "Kai Matsa Mana", "Dance For Me", "I Am A Champion", "Ilimin Boko da na Addinin Musulunci", and many others.
Ameer Isah Hassan was involved in a fatal accident when he was hit by a car on a motorcycle that was carrying him along the Western By-pass in Kano on Thursday, 14 September 2017. He died from the injuries he sustained. 
- ↑ Meet Lil Ameer - Nigerian Youngest Hip Hop Artist (Pics) - Music/Radio - Nigeria. Nairaland. Retrieved on January 24, 2017.
- ↑ Ibrahim Giginyu. Meet 12-year-old Kano-based sensational singer, 'Lil A'. Daily Trust. Retrieved on May 24, 2015.
- ↑ Lil Ameer. kai matsa mana - YouTube. YouTube. Retrieved on December 18, 2016.
- ↑ Lil Ameer. Lil Ameer dance for me - YouTube. YouTube. Retrieved on August 25, 2017.
- ↑ Dan Autan mawakan hip hop na Hausa Lil Ameer ya rasu - Muryar Arewa. Muryar Arewa. Retrieved on September 15, 2017.
- ↑ Micheal Odejobi. Young Hausa hip hop musician Lil Ameer has passed away. Naij. Retrieved on September 15, 2017.
- ↑ 14 Year Old Hausa Hip-Hop Singer Dies In Kano - Sahara Reporters. Sahara Reporters. Retrieved on September 22, 2017.