Paramore is an American rock band from Franklin, Tennessee, formed in 2004. The band currently consists of lead vocalist Hayley Williams, bassist Jeremy Davis, and guitarist Taylor York. The group released its debut album All We Know Is Falling in 2005, and its second album Riot! in 2007, which was certified Platinum in the US and Ireland and Gold in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the UK. Brand New Eyes, Paramore's third album, was released in 2009 and is the band's second-highest charting album to date, going platinum in Ireland and the UK, and gold in the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Paramore's 2013 self-titled fourth album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard charts in the United States. It was also the No. 1 album in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Argentina and Mexico.
- Studio albums
- All We Know Is Falling (2005)
- Riot! (2007)
- Brand New Eyes (2009)
- Paramore (2013)
- After Laughter (2017)
Appearances in films and video games Edit
In 2005, Paramore made its first video game appearance with the song "Pressure" being featured in the console versions of the video game The Sims 2.
In March 2008, Paramore made its first rhythm game appearance with "Crushcrushcrush" as a downloadable track in the Rock Band games and later being a playable song in Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades. Later that year, Rock Band 2 was released with the song "That's What You Get" included as a playable track. The video game Guitar Hero World Tour featured the song "Misery Business" along with Hayley Williams participating in motion capture sessions for the game. She is featured as an unlockable character in the game as well. "Misery Business" was also featured as a playable track on Rock Band 3, while "Pressure", "The Only Exception", "Brick by Boring Brick", and "Ignorance" are available as DLC for the game.
Paramore's song "Decode" was the lead single for the novel-based Twilight film. Another song called "I Caught Myself" is also featured on the film's soundtrack. "Decode" was released on October 1, 2008 on the Paramore Fan Club site as well as Stephenie Meyer's website. The band began shooting the video October 13 and it premiered on November 3. Hot Topic hosted listening parties for the soundtrack on October 24, 2008, and the album was released on November 4, 2008. Borders released an exclusive version of the soundtrack that features an acoustic version of "Decode." "Misery Business" is also featured in Saints Row 2, and the soundtrack for EA Sports '[NHL 08.
The music video for "Decode", along with the Twilight film trailer, was shown in the North American Home Theater of PlayStation Home from December 11, 2008 to December 18, 2008.
- ↑ Caulfield, Keith (2009-10-07). Barbra Streisand has ninth No. 1 album. Hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved on August 18, 2010.
- ↑ Paramore Album Debuts At #1. FueledByRamen.com (2013-04-17). Retrieved on April 26, 2013.
- ↑ Caldwell, Patrick (26 May 2010). "Music Picks: Adrian Conner of Adrian and the Sickness". Austin American-Statesman. http://www.austin360.com/music/music-picks-adrian-conner-of-adrian-and-the-710057.html. Retrieved 29 May 2010.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Iwasaki, Scott (6 May 2010). Paramore is ready for first 'official' tour. Deseret News. Retrieved on May 29, 2010.
- ↑ Nashville Dress Rehearsal Party – Blog Detail. Paramore.net (2010-02-19). Retrieved on August 18, 2010.
- ↑ Twitter / paramore: While @mileskmcpherson recovers.... Twitter.com (2013-08-26).
- ↑ Common, Tyler. Paramore announce guitarist and drummer replacements for upcoming tour. Retrieved on February 13, 2011.
- ↑ Hayley Williams Guitar Hero World Tour Behind The Scenes. rockdirt.com (October 26, 2008). Retrieved on December 30, 2008.
- ↑ Twilight Soundtrack To Include Muse, Linkin Park And, Of Course, Robert Pattinson. mtv.com (October 6, 2008). Retrieved on December 30, 2008.
- ↑ Official Stephenie Meyer Website.
- ↑ Paramore's 'Twilight' Song 'Decode' Premieres On Stephenie Meyer's Web Site.